We can hardly believe it but it’s Striking Places FIRST Birthday already. It is also National Honey Bee Day! We’re really chuffed to share it with bees! Bees are one of our favourite things; apart from wine, cheese and chocolate!
So we’re popping open the champagne to celebrate our one-year anniversary. Not our first year in business, obviously, but the first year since our rebrand.
Our year to date has included nothing but highs. We have had an incredible year; Restructured and re-incorporated and finished with a complete identity redesign. We worked hard and had a good time with some great success.
Now feels like the right time to take a brief moment to catch our breath and reflect on the journey.
The Story so far. We have….:
- Launched our website that now stands at over 120 pages
- Partnered with both @thebestof St Albans & Harpenden and @thebestof Welwyn & Hatfield
- Worked with the Gascoyne-Cecil Estate to extend Street View inside Hatfield House and over 20 shops and venues in the Stable Yard
- Created a seasonally changing virtual tour for Aylett Nurseries, where the garden centre is showcased throughout the year
- Partnered with the Horticultural Trades Association (HTA) as part of their Cost Reduction Scheme
- Presented at the HTA Technology Conference in Cranmore Park, Solihull where we talked about Google Street View and the benefits of embedding a virtual tour in websites
- Became the HTA’s Panoramic Partner and demonstrated Google Cardboard at the National Plant Show in Stoneleigh Park
- Networked our butts off with The Business Network South Herts, BNI Fortuna in Harpenden, Business Buzz in Harpenden, Bedford, Milton Keynes and Watford and Raise the Bar in and around Hertfordshire
- Partnered with our very good friends My Mustard, the digital ad agency, and totally Google-everything girls! What a good match we make!
- Attended the Google Street View Trusted Summit in Amsterdam
- Travelled over 2,200 miles around France creating amazing imagery for a wedding in the Dordogne, a beautiful holdiay house in Provence, 4 holiday cottages and a chateau in Aquitaine
- Created virtual tours for large and small clients from all sorts of business sectors including, automotive, business centres, hairdressers, historic buildings, leisure companies, garden centres and nurseries, dog grooming, restaurants, estate agents and architects to name but a few
- Reached over 1,000 Facebook likes
- Shot all kinds of products including light bulbs, plastic signage, shelves and shelving accessories, glass and tableware and stationery
- Time-lapsed flowers opening and shot plenty of BEES!!
- Our crowning glory in our first year is the creation and publication of a magnificent virtual tour and interactive overlay for Westminster Abbey
- We’re The TourDash Tour of the Month for June
- Striking Places appeared in newspapers and magazine and on the TELLY!!
We’ve got some pretty exciting projects in the pipeline too! We have some impressive clients lined up for year 2.
Watch this space……..
For now though, join us in raising a toast to Striking Places First Birthday, cheers!
Google Street View Trusted | Commercial Product Photography | Event Photography